A lasting, healthy marriage is something that many people dream of. But what does it take to make a marriage last?
It’s a question that has been asked throughout the ages and one that continues to be difficult to answer.
Because it takes more than just love to make a marriage last.
A healthy marriage is built on a foundation of respect, communication, trust, and a lot of hard work.
Maintaining these qualities can be a bit tricky but they’re essential to having a lasting relationship.
Studies show that couples who are committed to making their marriage last, often find that they have to put their relationship first.
This is an important element to remember.
Realistic Tips To A Healthy Marriage
Like most things in life, in order to get the best outcome you have to put the work in.
Marriage is no different. It’s a combination of skill sets between two people who love each other immensely.
Here are some tips that can help you along the way:
1. Communicate openly and honestly with each other. Communication is a two-way street and is key to the success of your relationship. It’s important to be able to express your thoughts and feelings to each other with both the good and the bad news.
This doesn’t mean that every single thought needs to be voiced. But it does mean that you should feel like you can openly and honestly share your thoughts, feelings, and concerns with each other.
When communication breaks down, it can be difficult to resolve conflict, which can lead to a feeling of distance and disconnection.
2. Challenge each other to grow. A healthy marriage is one in which both partners are constantly challenging each other to grow. Not to say every interaction is an argument, but it does mean that each partner is always pushing the other to be better.
It’s not enough to simply accept each other. Both partners should strive to improve themselves and their relationship, creating a stronger bond.
3. Make time for each other. Date nights, weekend getaways, and even just regular conversations can help to keep the spark alive in your relationship.
4. Be supportive of each other. This means being there for your partner when they need you, whether they’re going through a tough time at work or dealing with a personal issue.
5. Be willing to compromise. In any relationship, there will be times when you need to compromise. It’s not one size fits all but about give and take to make each other happier.
If you want a lasting, healthy marriage, it’s important to remember that it’s constantly evolving.
You have to be willing to evolve and grow with it by making the necessary changes.
These tips will help set you on the right path, but don’t forget that every couple is different. What works for one couple might not work for another, so always be open to trying new things and taking advice from those who are happily married.
Just remember HAPPINESS IS A JOURNEY NOT A DESTINATION!